Tourist Visa for Children less than 18 years of age
- Original and Valid Passport of the applicant: French Visa applicant must possess a valid passport issued less than 10 years ago. It should be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of return from France and should contain at least 2 blank ‘Visa’ pages as well. If the applicant is in the possession of any old passports, they should be presented along with copies of previous Visas.
- Passport Size Photographs (45 mm X 35 mm): Coloured Passport size photograph taken on white plain background should be glued to the Visa Application Form. The photograph should show all the facial characteristics of the applicant and should not be older than 3 months (For minors-12 years and below, two photographs are required to be attached to the form).
- Schengen Visa Application Form: Visa Application Form contains 37 columns which should be filled with due care. The last column for declaration should be filled by the applicant/guardian along with the signatures. Any error in the Application Form will render it invalid.
- British Residence Permit- British Residence Permit (Either stamped in the passport or in the form of biometric card) should be presented (Original as well as the copy and should exceed the validity of the requested Visa by 3 months)
- Travel Itinerary- The travel itinerary should cover the entire period of stay in France and other countries of the Schengen Zone stating the places of stay along with dates of travel.
Following documents should be presented in Original:
- Proof of Guardianship (If the applicant is under 18 and travelling with a third person, then an official document to the effect and signed by both the parents stating the authorization has to be presented along with the copy of guardian’s passport.)
- Authorization Form (Each parent not travelling with the child under the age of 18 must provide the Authorization Form in favour of the person, in order to confer the parental rights to person who would be responsible for the child during the stay in France)
Following documents should be presented in Original and Copy:
- Birth Certificate stating the names of both the parents.
- Official Translation of the birth certificate –if applicable
- Certified Copies of passports of the parents as stated on the Birth Certificate
- Court Decision (In case of sole custody)- If one parent holds the custody of child under the age of 18, then official decision of the justice in this regard shall be produced.
- Official up-to-date letter from the British social services, authorizing the travel to France if the child is under 18 and fostered or under the process of adoption. The letter should state details like name of the child, full name of the carer, duration and address of stay in France.
- Valid passport of the Guardian- In case the child is under 18 and fostered or under the process of adoption.
- Letter from the British School, College or University (In Original)
[Less than 3 months up-to-date letter from the school, college or university stating the type of studies or course undertaken, details of the course attendance record and holiday dates]
- The travel insurance should be:
- 1). Valid for the countries in the Schengen Area
- 2). Valid for DROM/CTOM as per your itinerary.
- Minimum Insurance cover of EUR 30,000 (should cover medical fees and repatriation costs)
- The insurance should cover the entire period of stay in the Schengen area (If the purpose of travel is for winter sports, medical insurance should be valid for those activities)
- The applicant should provide for confirmed return ticket to France if he/she is travelling by flight, ferry, train or bus or a booking (fully-paid) from the travel agent of the applicant.
- The France Schengen Visa Application should be accompanied with rental agreement (if applicable) or confirmed hotel bookings of the applicant stating details like applicant’s name, hotel’s address and contact details along with intended dates of stay for the applicant.
- If the stay of the applicant is sponsored by the resident of France, then an original “Attestation accursed” must be provided by the sponsor covering the entire period of stay (In case of family visit). The same can be obtained either from any Police Station in France or from the Town Hall.
Proof of sufficient personal means of subsistence to support the stay in France should be furnished. Last 3 months UK Bank Statements (Current Bank Account in UK) or Travelers’ Cheque (In Euros) or Scholarship Certificate stating the amount and duration should be furnished.